17 Jul Get Ready for Shark Week 2018: A Celebration of 30 Years
John Knott, President of JD Technologies, LLC
It’s Shark Week’s 30th Anniversary!
Shark Week premiered in July 1988 and is the longest running cable television programming event in history. For 30 years we have been able to count on Shark Week to be dependable and entertain us every summer.
Shaquille O’Neal thought it was going to be Shaq Week. But it is Shark Week, and the real stars are the principals of JD Technologies, LLC.
Our principals (the manufacturers we represent) support the development and production of Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV). These vehicles, like the SharkCam, are used to carry out a specific set of instructions, or a mission underwater without a human pilot. See more here.
Whether you are developing or producing UUV’s or any other device or system that goes underwater, on the ground, or in the air, reach out to us for consultation and support.
Our principals include:
- American Rheinmetall Systems, a mechanical and electro-optical engineering company specializing in sophisticated system integrations, assembly and R&D, and producing ruggedized cables and wire harnesses;
- Composite Motors, Inc., who provides custom built Brushless DC Motors and the associated electronics for harsh environments;
- FCI Aerospace, who manufactures flow, liquid level, temperature and pressure sensors;
- Ultra EMS, who develops and produces the hardware and software to allow effective communication between the UUV and the humans on the surface;
- WKW Extrusion, who produces DISPAL, a high silicon material that is superior to aluminum with higher temperature thresholds, higher stiffness characteristics, lower thermal expansion, and low friction. It is lighter than steel and lower cost than titanium.
Enjoy Shark Week and think of us and our valued principals who help our customers meet and exceed performance objectives. Visit the Discovery Channel Shark Week website here.
About JD Technologies, LLC
JD Technologies, LLC provides premium sales and marketing services to a group of high quality, complementary manufacturers of engineered services and products who serve the industrial, aerospace, military, defense and medical industries. We develop long term relationships with key customers who value the consultative style of selling and who wish to interface with sales professionals of high integrity. Products and services include CNC Machining, Digital Compass, EMI Filters, Capacitors High Voltage, Hydraulic Components, Inertial Systems, Permanent Magnets, Mechanical Assemblies, Metal Fabrications, NADCAP Fusion Welding, Pressure Sensors, Pressure Switches, Solenoid Valves and Temperature Sensors.